Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hey you!

All my life I lived with ease. Pampered and showered with everything that I wanted and needed. Parents aren't exactly the strict type. They let me roam freely when I turned 18. I have experienced most girl wouldn't at the edge of teenage life to adulthood. Except say no to drugs of cause. The only thing I thought about it having FUN, living my life to the fullest, do the things I want to do, not caring what matters in the future for that matter, live for today not for tomorrow that sort.

A fellow stranger came into my life. The first question that popped out was 'Do you have a purpose in life?'. I emerged from my bubble of wondrous easy life and for a minute there I stared at him, speechless.

'UUuhh, I don't really have one unless you're talking bout having fun fun and fun till the day I die?'

And I felt embarrassment washing over me. Covering every inch of my face. What am I doing here in Moscow? I think to myself. 

You came here to study and be well and graduate with full knowledge on the subject itself no? You came here to be a great doctor who can save lives in the future no? You came here to achieve your dreams and to be successful no? 

Then what the hell have you been doing for the past 4 years?

Truth to be told, I'm totally-not-stick-to-books type. I only open them during major exams and finals. At the end of the day, what you do is what you get. You can only manage to absorb that much of info's in your head. And us having 'short term' memory when we study last minute, all the medical terms will be gone from our head in a month's time tops.

Yea. He gave me new insight in things that I did and things I need to do. He showed me the way to be a 'better' me. If you're good why not be great?

Yea. You can have all the fun in the world, go clubbing during weekends, be hell of a player in sports at the end of the day, you're still a MEDICAL STUDENT.

So what you need to do now is open you friggin' books and start studying!

And I am telling this to all the fellows out there who's been slacking for the past years! Its time to buckle up! We're going to graduate soon and the least we can do is not to be 'condemned' by the panel of doctors back in Malaysia when we do our houseman ship!

*Scurries off to be with my best friend currently (books)!*

Narcissistic pic before signing off

Old picture as I haven't been camwhoring much. Next week I promise! :)

1 comment:

just renn said...

=) good to think bout that.